Alaska Halibut Tacos With Cucumber Salsa Recipe
Halibut Tacos & Cucumber Salsa Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup diced English/seedless cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape or pear tomatoes, halved, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh fennel, if desired
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic (or rice) vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Alaska Halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 4 medium (8 to 9-inch) tortillas OR flatbreads
- 1 cup (3 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
Halibut Tacos & Cucumber Salsa Recipe Directions
- In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and fennel.
- In separate small bowl, blend vinegar, 1 Tablespoon oil, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour over cucumbers; set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat a heavy nonskick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of halibut with remaining oil.
- Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned.
- Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes for frozen halibut or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove from heat and break into large chunks.
To serve, divide halibut among tortillas. Sprinkle on goat cheese and top with cucumber salsa.
Nutrients per serving: 498 calories, 23g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 41% calories from fat, 145mg cholesterol, 46g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 507mg sodium, 303mg calcium, and 1140mg omega-3 fatty acids.