Alaskan Cod Molé Tacos
Cod Mole Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup ready-to-serve canned molé sauce, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes,
- thick-sliced 4 Alaska Cod fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
- 8 small (6 to 7-inch) whole wheat or multi-grain tortillas, warmed
- 8 lettuce leaves (Romaine, Butter or iceberg)
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) Mexican-style sour cream (Mexican crema)
Cod Mole Tacos Recipe Directions
- Combine lemon pepper and oregano; set aside.
- Stir chili flakes into heated molé sauce.
- In a heavy nonstick skillet, sear tomato slices on both sides until slightly blackened. Cool slightly; coarsely chop, drain and set aside in small bowl.
- Wipe out pan. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of cod with oil.
- Place cod in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and season with lemon pepper and oregano.
- Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes for frozen cod or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove from heat; break into large chunks.
- To serve, line tortillas with lettuce.
- Divide cod and tomatoes between tortillas.
- Top with 2 tablespoons molé sauce and 1 heaping tablespoon crema.
Nutrients per serving (2 tacos): 638 calories, 24g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 34% calories from fat, 94mg cholesterol, 44g protein, 57g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 777mg sodium, 99mg calcium, and 730mg omega-3 fatty acids.